4. Fruity Leche Gulaman
1 can fruit cocktail (482g)
1 sachet jelly powder (yellow, unflavored)
300ml condensed milk
3 pcs eggs
4 drops vanilla
3/4 cup white sugar
5 1/2 cups water
brown sugar (3 tbsp per 1 medium-sized llanera)
1. Caramelize brown sugar in each llanera over low heat. Swirl the llanera over the fire until sugar caramelized and turn golden honey in color.
2. Put a layer of fruit cocktail over the caramelized sugar in each llanera. Set aside.
3. Crack then beat the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add some calamansi peels to eliminate the stench from the eggs. It will also add a slight of citrusy flavor to the mixture.
4. Add milk and vanilla. Mix well then set aside.
5. In a pot combine jelly powder, water, and white sugar. Stir well.
6. Put the pot on a stove with medium heat. Bring to a boil while stirring continuously.
7. Add the flan mixture. Remember to filter out the calamansi peels using a strainer.
8. Bring to a boil again while continuously stirring. Remove from heat.
9. Transfer the mixture to each llanera with fruit and caramelized sugar.
10. Let it cool to set. You can also chill before serving.
11. Enjoy your fruity leche gulaman!