2. Puto Bumbong Recipe
1 1/2 cup Malagkit (Glutinous Rice) flour
2 cups boiled and mashed Ube (Purple Yam)
1 cup Gata (Coconut Milk)
Shredded niyog (mature coconut)
Brown sugar (muscovado is also good)
1. In a blender place ube and gata. Blend until smooth.
2. In a bowl, place 1 and 1/4 cups of glutinous rice flour then add a pinch of salt.
3. Add the blended ube and mix well. Pour in some water, little by little, to further mix the ingredients.
4. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup of malagkit flour and 1/2 cup water. Set aside
5. Over low heat, place the mixture in Step 3 in a non-stick pan and mix for around 3-5 minutes.
6. Pour the the malagkit-water mixture in Step 4 in the pan and continue stirring.
7. Continue stirring until dry and not sticking to the side of the pan. You can also take a piece and taste test it.
8. Place 3 tablespoons of the cooked mixture on the banana leaves and shape it like the regular puto bumbong.
9. Make at least three then brush with margarine and top with sugar and coconut. You can add cheese for a modern flair to this native delicacy.
10. Serve and enjoy your puto bumbong!
Source: Mama’s Guide