We Filipinos love pork! Occasions like birthday party, fiesta or wedding is not complete without a pork dish. So here, we present you the top 10 pork recipes that you must learn to cook!
1. Easy Pork Siomai Recipe
Servings: 24 pieces of pork siomai
1 kl. ground pork
1/3 cup carrots, chopped
1/3 cup singkamas (turnip), chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup spring onions, chopped
3 tbsps. sesame oil
5 tbsps. oyster sauce
2 tsps. white sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1 whole egg, beaten
24 pcs. siomai wrappers
cooking oilFor the dipping sauce:
For the dipping sauce:
Toasted Garlic Bits
1. In a mixing bowl, pour-in the ground pork, carrots, turnip, onion and spring onions then mix thoroughly.
2. Add-in the sesame oil, oyster sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and egg then mix thoroughly.
3. Spoon 1 tbsp. of the prepared mixture into each siomai wrapper. Dab water on the edges of the wrapper to seal the siomai. Repeat this step until all of the mixture is used.
4. Place the siomai pieces in a steamer brushed with cooking oil.
5. Steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Make a dipping sauce by mixing soy sauce, calamansi juice & toasted garlic bits. (The amount of ingredients for the sauce is according to your preference.)
7. Serve hot and enjoy your pork siomai!