- 1lb ground chicken breast
- 1lb ground chicken (it’s 50% less fat)
- ⅔ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- ½ cup thin sliced green onions
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1-2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-2 Tablespoons cornstarch (To thicken the sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes to firm up the mixture.
- Wet your hands slightly and roll the meatballs into 1 ½ -2 inch smooth balls. Continue to wet your hands in between, it makes it easier to roll as the meatballs are sticky.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes (internal temperature should be 165).
- In a saucepan, whisk the sauce ingredients (except the cornstarch) and cook on medium heat. Gradually whisk in the cornstarch until you’ve reach your desired level of thickness.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven. Using a spoon, drop them into the sauce in batches and coat on all sides. Remove and set on a serving plate. Top with green onions & sesame seeds (optional) and enjoy these on their own or over rice!
Source: The Cozy Cook