- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 pounds chuck roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 2 tablespoons corn starch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- diced green onions, for garnish (optional)
- sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- In a cast aluminum slow cooker insert (or another skillet if your slow cooker has a ceramic insert) add the tablespoon of canola oil and brown the beef on high heat.
- Make sure the pan is hot, you don’t need to worry how done the meat is, you’re just going for color.
- Add the beef, brown sugar, lite soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and crushed red peppers to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Add in the cornstarch slurry and cook and additional 20-30 minutes while you cook your rice and vegetables to thicken the sauce.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired
Source: Dinner Then Dessert