Probably one of the all-time favorites of us Filipinos is the eternal Sisig, the localized name of something which is marinated or mixed with salt and vinegar. Throughout time, many versions of this local recipe has came out. From the very simple sisig recipe to a more ‘sizzling’ recipe. Because of these innovations of the sisig recipe, many known restaurants have sprung with sizzling sisig as their main dish. Now, if you are a sisig lover, you surely would not want to miss this! But then again, it is not every time that we have the money to afford those high-end restos. But worry no more! Because in this page, we will teach you how to make your own version of sisig, with extra flavors from surprising condiments! In less than P300, and an hour, voila, you can make your own sisig! Just be sure to follow the specific instructions below. Enjoy cooking!
1 Kilo Ground Pork
5 pcs Tokwa or Hard Tofu (diced into small pcs.)
2-3 Tbsp Butter (Buttercup)
1 can Purefoods Liver spread
2 Cloves Garlic chopped finely
2 Red Onion chopped finely (separate at least half for garnishing)
1 Pack Chicharron (pork rind) crushed/powdered
5-7 tbsp Mayonnaise
3 pcs Green Chili Pepper or Siling haba (deseeded and chopped)
2 pcs Red Chili Pepper or siling labuyo chopped (slightly spicy- you can omit if you don’t like spicy)
2-3 tbsp Light soy sauce or Maggie Savor
1/2 tbsp sugar
3 pcs calamansi
1. Deep fry Tofu in oil until golden brown. Once cooked, remove from heat and drain oil. Set aside.
2. On another pan, sautee garlic and onion in butter. Once the garlic is slightly brown and onion is translucent, add in ground pork. Sautee for a few minutes until ground pork is cooked.
3. Drain oil
4. Mix in tofu cubes
5. Sprinkle salt, pepper, light soy sauce and sugar.
6. Add liver spread and mix thoroughly.
7. Add in Green chili pepper and red chili pepper.
8. Turn off heat. Set aside to cool. Around 5 minutes.
9. Once cool, add in mayo and chopped onion. We want to make sure mayo won’t be cooked and turn into oil.
10. Use strainer and squeeze calamansi juice on top.
11. Mix it all to consistency.
12. Garnish with crushed chicharron.