- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 oz smoked turkey sausage chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- Black pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup hot water
- 6 toasted almonds sliced
- Soak rice in cold water. Keep aside.
- In a hot pan, add the olive oil and onions, when translucent add the sausage and bell pepper, cook for three minutes.
- Add Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce. Season the sauce with salt, black pepper, cardamom, and cinnamon.
- Pour the hot water and when it comes to a boil, add the rice. Cover with aluminum foil then with the lid. Let it cook on very low flame. It will be ready in 15 -18 minutes.
- When serving, garnish with toasted almonds.