This recipe makes 1 serving of Razon’s style Halo Halo in a regular tall glass or cup.
4 tablespoons sweetened coconut sport (minatamis na macapuno)
3 tablespoons sweetened bananas (minatamis na saba)
2 tablespoons sugar syrup
1/4 cup evaporated milk
3 slivers (1″ x 2″) leche flan
Ice, finely shaved
1. To prepare the sugar syrup stir in sugar in a boiling water and remove from heat, let cool and set aside. (You can make sugar syrup for as many as you want. Make it 1 part sugar, 1 part water. For example, ‘1 cup sugar and 1 cup water’ or ‘3 cups sugar and 3 cups water’).
2. Remove hard core and seeds of each sweetened banana and dice into small pieces, keep aside.
3. If using the bottled regular macapuno, quickly and coarsely blend in a blender, keep aside.
4. Slice leche flan into 1” by 2” slivers, keep aside.
5. Fill in the halo halo ingredients in 1 regular tall glass or cup in this order: 4 tbsp. of macapuno, 3 tbsp. of bananas, 2 tbsp. of sugar syrup. Add in the finely shaved ice, lightly press the ice to fill in all voids and top with 3 slivers of leche flan. Before serving, pour in 1/4 cup of evaporated milk.
Recipe derived from overseaspinoycooking.com