Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
2 lbs. pork belly (or buto-buto)
1 bunch string beans (sitaw), cut in 2 inches length
1 bunch spinach (or kangkong)
1/4 kg. tomatoes (quartered)
2 medium-sized eggplants (cut in 2 inches length)
2 pcs. chili peppers
2 medium-sized onions (sliced)
1 pc. radish (labanos), sliced
6 pcs. okra
sinigang mix (good for 2 liters water)
2 liters water
3 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. cooking oil
1. Heat a pot and put cooking oil.
2. Sauté the onions until its layers separate from each other.
3. Add the pork belly and cook until outer part turns light brown.
4. Pour-in the water. Add the tomatoes, radish & fish sauce then simmer for 40 mins. or until pork is tender. We added first the radish & tomatoes so their flavors will dominate in the dish.
5. Add the eggplants, string beans, okra, chili peppers & sinigang mix then simmer for 5-8 minutes.
6. Put-in the spinach, turn off heat and cover the pot. Let the spinach cook using the remaining heat in the pot.
7. Serve hot & enjoy!