1 bundle legumes (sitaw), cut into 2-inch pieces
1/4 ground pork
1 tsp. fine salt
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. msg
cooking oil for frying
1. In a frying pan, dry toast the ground pork (with no cooking oil) until brown and natural oil is rendered. Stir from time to time to prevent the pork to stick to the pan. When the pork is already crispy, remove from heat.
2. Drain oil from the pork using a strainer and tissue paper, set aside.
3. In another pan, heat cooking oil then deep fry the legume (sitaw) pieces until the skin gets wrinkled. Remove from heat, drain the oil then set aside.
4. To combine: Put the fried legume (sitaw) pieces in a serving dish. Season with salt, sugar, and msg. Top with the prepared crispy pork bits.
5. Serve hot and enjoy your fried sitaw with crispy pork bits!
You may also like>>> Ginisang Sitaw (Sauteed String Beans) Recipe