- 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, salt, cardamom, cumin and cayenne. Cook for 10 minutes or until the onion is soft, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes and their juices. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add yogurt and lime juice.
- Transfer the soup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve warm.
Source : Bonbon Break