- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1 (12 ounce) can fully cooked luncheon meat (such as SPAM®), cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- pepper (optional)
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan.
- Gently press the luncheon meat slices into the flour to coat and shake off the excess flour. Dip into the beaten egg with salt, then press into bread crumbs with the optional pepper. Gently toss between your hands so any bread crumbs that haven’t stuck can fall away. Place the breaded luncheon meat slices onto a plate while breading the rest; do not stack.
- Deep fry the luncheon meat a few slices at a time until hot and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate before serving.
Enjoy eating! 🙂
Source (recipe and featured image): allrecipes.com