Skip to content
Go to Header Section
- ½ beef (sirloin), cubed
- ¾ cup vinegar
- 1 ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 thumb-size yellow ginger (turmeric or luyang dilaw)
- 4 tbsp. bagoong alamang (shrimp paste)
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder (tableya o local chocolate)
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 small bay leaf
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- chili powder to taste
- 8 pcs. finger pepper
- fresh pineapple slices, for siding
- cooking oil
- Heat oil and toast the garlic; set aside.
- Using the same oil, saute the bagoong.
- Add the beef cubes and stir-fry.
- Add all the other ingredients except the finger pepper. Allow to simmer.
- Pour in some stock if the mixture becomes a bit dry. Allow to simmer some more to chicken the sauce.
- Add the finger pepper and the toasted garlic.
- Serve hot with a siding of fresh pineapples slices.