We Filipinos are fond of sweets, perhaps the region that always treat our sweet tooth, Bulacan has introduced a new way to enjoy desserts. Like the pastillas that comes with different size, shapes, forms, and flavors. However, every version of it is made from the main ingredient which is the milk and sugar. Now you don’t have to go to Bulacan just to have yourself a pastillas, fortunately you can just do it yourself on your home with this toasted pastillas recipe. Yes, you read it right, say no more to the same old pastillas. Surely you will enjoy preparing this recipe especially if you already love sweets. Using ingredients like powdered milk, condensed milk and brown sugar you can make this sweet delicious treat. A perfect dessert to pair on any food or meal, or have this for snack. Anyhow, you will enjoy this creamy, savory pastillas.
2 cups powdered milk
1/3 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup semi-brown sugar
1. In a bowl mix together the powdered and condensed milk. (Note: Pour the condensed milk a little at a time.)
2. Mix with clean hands to get a cookie dough consistency.
3. Spoon a tablespoon and mold according to your preferred shape.
4. Roll in sugar to coat all sides.
5. Do the same with the rest of the mixture.
6. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 160’C for 15 minutes or until slightly toasted.
8. Allow to cool. Serve and enjoy your delicious toasted pastillas!