Having problems with spare chicken meat on any dish? If you are cooking enthusiast then you could turn those pork into something more savoring. Though, this recipe can also be used in raw ground chicken. This spicy Asian chicken meatballs recipe is a must try! Aside from the ground chicken, other ingredients are used to make it flavorful such as panko breadcrumbs, sesame oil, Chinese 5 spice, green onions, garlic, eggs and salt. Delight your plate with this meaty, flavorful and saucy dish that will surely make your meal extra special. Indulge yourself to this comforting food that is also a good dish to enjoy with family gatherings and friends bonding. Surely, the tender lean meat would satisfy your taste buds along with its flavorful and yet saucy flavor. You now have your delicious meatball dish. So you can save this recipe for your next to cook during those fast breaks and even for packed lunch for office or school. Just prepare the ingredients beforehand for more convenience. Preparing this dish will surely make your dinning delightful, your family and love ones will love it.
- 1lb ground chicken breast
- 1lb ground chicken (it’s 50% less fat)
- ⅔ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- ½ cup thin sliced green onions
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1-2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-2 Tablespoons cornstarch (To thicken the sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes to firm up the mixture.
- Wet your hands slightly and roll the meatballs into 1 ½ -2 inch smooth balls. Continue to wet your hands in between, it makes it easier to roll as the meatballs are sticky.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes (internal temperature should be 165).
- In a saucepan, whisk the sauce ingredients (except the cornstarch) and cook on medium heat. Gradually whisk in the cornstarch until you’ve reach your desired level of thickness.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven. Using a spoon, drop them into the sauce in batches and coat on all sides. Remove and set on a serving plate. Top with green onions & sesame seeds (optional) and enjoy these on their own or over rice!