If you really love Korean dishes but don’t do well on the kitchen, well, this recipe answer your problem. This slow cooker Korean beef recipe is deliciously meaty while at the same time easy and quick to prepare. This is made possible using ingredients such as canola oil, chuck roast, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, red peppers, cornstarch, green onions and sesame seeds. This tasty, flavorful and meaty dish is great to serve with cooked rice, or fried rice during whatever meals. This recipe is very easy to follow, simply mix the ingredients then throw it to stove for sautéing, and there you have it. Well, just have the ingredients prepared beforehand for more convenient cooking. Great choice to serve during gatherings and family bonding’s, perhaps, this dish could make your meals extra special once you serve this on your dining table. Cook this at home and enjoys its savory taste!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 pounds chuck roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 2 tablespoons corn starch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- diced green onions, for garnish (optional)
- sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- In a cast aluminum slow cooker insert (or another skillet if your slow cooker has a ceramic insert) add the tablespoon of canola oil and brown the beef on high heat.
- Make sure the pan is hot, you don’t need to worry how done the meat is, you’re just going for color.
- Add the beef, brown sugar, lite soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and crushed red peppers to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Add in the cornstarch slurry and cook and additional 20-30 minutes while you cook your rice and vegetables to thicken the sauce.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired