Filipinos are fond of warming soup dish like bulalo, nilaga and the favorite sinigang. If you are looking for warming dish to have on those cold raining nights, well, your search is over with this sinigang na baka sa bayabas recipe. Who would not love the meaty, sour and delicious taste of sinigang? So, try cooking this very easy and quick recipe that is great for those running out of time moments in your kitchen. This sinigang is even made palatable using ingredients like onions, tomatoes, guavas, tamarind, sitaw, gabi, kangkong, okra, siling haba, fish sauce and rock salt. Now you don’t just have a hot comforting soup which can also be served with newly cooked rice as viand, but also a healthy dish as it contains lots of green vegetables. Indulge yourself to this tempting taste, perfect to serve during lunches and dinners, also a great choice to serve during gatherings with family and friends. Try this recipe now and enjoy its rich in flavor taste. Or, add this to your file of recipes next to prepare on your meals. Happy cooking!
- 1 kilo Beef brisket with bones and meat, cut in serving size
- 1 medium size Onions, quartered
- 2 medium size Tomatoes, quartered
- 6 pieces fresh ripe Guavas, peeled and cut in half (remove the seeds)
- 1 small sachet tamarind base soup (I use Maggi Sinigang Mix)
- 1 cup of Sitaw (String Beans), cut in 2″ long
- 3 pieces medium size Gabi (Taro), pealed cut in half
- 1 bunch Kangkong (Water Spinach), get only the leaves
- 6 pieces Okra (Lady Finger)
- 2 pieces Siling haba (Green Finger Pepper)
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rock salt
- 1.5 liter of water
- In a large pot, boil water under high heat and add the beef chunks.
- Remove the scum that arises on top. Add the salt and stir. Continue to boil and remove the scum as it develops.
- When there are no more scum left, add the guavas and lower the heat to medium. Cook until the beef is tender.
- Afterwards, add the tomato, onions and taro; season with fish sauce then simmer for a few more minutes.
- Then add the string beans, lady fingers, green finger pepper, let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Before turning off the heat, add the water spinach and boil for another minute; otherwise the leaves will be very soggy.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a big serving bowl.