1 lb fettucini or spaghetti pasta (more or less, according to your preference)
1 lb medium shrimp, deveined and tails removed
6-8 garlic cloves, minced (more or less, according to your preference)
1/4 cup butter
olive oil (3 drizzles)
Italian seasoning, according to taste
red pepper flakes, according to taste
herbs, according to taste (ex. basil, parsley, bay leaves etc.)
salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Boil pasta with olive oil, salt and herbs in water until tender. Save 1 cup of pasta water for use later. Drain and set aside when done.
2. While waiting for the pasta to cook, rinse the shrimp.
3. In a pan or skillet, melt the butter under medium heat then add shrimp.
4. Cook until shrimp starts to curl and becomes a little pinkish.
5. Add in the garlic and some oil. Stir and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Add in the cooked pasta and the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle enough saved pasta water until it is not dry (not too much, about 1/2 cup or less depending on the amount of pasta).
7. Keep tossing pasta in your pan or skillet until all ingredients are mixed well.
8. Serve hot with parmesan cheese on top (optional) and enjoy your garlic shrimp pasta!