Our local market offers lots of varieties of spices, vegetables, fruits, meats, and even seafood’s. That is why the Filipino cuisine is so rich in dishes that reflects our culture and way of living. To give you a delicious example of these, we have here savoring garlic shrimp pasta recipe for you to try. Aside from the shrimp, this recipe uses flavorings and other ingredients such as fettucini, shrimp, garlic, butter, olive oil, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, herbs, fresh ground pepper, and parmesan cheese. Now you can have a savoring shrimp pasta dish in your own on your home. Indulge yourself to this comforting food that is also a good dish to enjoy with family gatherings and friends bonding. Surely, the tender lean meat of shrimp would satisfy your taste buds along with its lemon butter flavor. You now have your delicious shrimp dish. So you can save this recipe for your next to cook during those fast breaks and even for snack times for office or school. Just prepare the ingredients beforehand for more convenience. Preparing this dish will surely make your dinning delightful, your family and love ones will love it.
1 lb fettucini or spaghetti pasta (more or less, according to your preference)
1 lb medium shrimp, deveined and tails removed
6-8 garlic cloves, minced (more or less, according to your preference)
1/4 cup butter
olive oil (3 drizzles)
Italian seasoning, according to taste
red pepper flakes, according to taste
herbs, according to taste (ex. basil, parsley, bay leaves etc.)
salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Boil pasta with olive oil, salt and herbs in water until tender. Save 1 cup of pasta water for use later. Drain and set aside when done.
2. While waiting for the pasta to cook, rinse the shrimp.
3. In a pan or skillet, melt the butter under medium heat then add shrimp.
4. Cook until shrimp starts to curl and becomes a little pinkish.
5. Add in the garlic and some oil. Stir and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Add in the cooked pasta and the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle enough saved pasta water until it is not dry (not too much, about 1/2 cup or less depending on the amount of pasta).
7. Keep tossing pasta in your pan or skillet until all ingredients are mixed well.
8. Serve hot with parmesan cheese on top (optional) and enjoy your garlic shrimp pasta!