The Philippine seas are rich in many species of sea food. That is why it also reflects on our Filipino cuisine. There are long list of different dishes using this sea foods and to give you a savory taste of it, we have here quick and easy sautéed shrimp recipe for you to try cooking. Aside from the shrimp, this recipe is made even more tastier using other ingredients like sweet bell pepper, garlic, salt, bell pepper and thymes. This tasty, flavorful and meaty dish is great to serve with cooked rice. Perhaps, you can use this dish on those running out of time morning kitchen moments, especially if you have a busy day ahead and there’s a limited time to cook. This recipe is very easy to follow, simply mix the ingredients then throw it to stove to simmer, and there you have it. Well, just have the ingredients prepared beforehand for more convenient cooking. You can also prepare more of this recipe and stuck it on your fridge for the next time ready for frying. Great choice to serve during gatherings and family bonding’s, perhaps, this dish could make your meals extra special once you serve this on your dining table. Cook this at home and enjoys its savory taste!
- 3 tbsp ghee (or make your own)
- 340g wild-caught pink shrimp, size 30-40 (thaw completely if using frozen)
- 4 mini sweet bell peppers, seeded and chopped (I used 2 orange and 2 red)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Melt the ghee in a medium skillet set over low-medium heat. Add the bell peppers and cook for one minute until slightly softened.
- Throw in garlic and continue cooking for 30 seconds to a minute, until fragrant.
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until the shrimp is no longer translucent.
- Add fresh thyme, stir one final time and serve.
Source: The Healthy Foodie