Craving for a pork dish but looking for a unique taste? We Filipinos have rich and plenty varieties of cuisine. This dishes reflects our culture, way of living and local products. One delicious example of it is this pork binagoongan recipe. This recipe cooked the meat while using bagoong to flavor the entire dish. Made possible with ingredients such as kasim, bagoong, garlic, onion, tomatoes, lady finger peppers, vinegar and water. Perfect for meals like lunches and dinners but usually serve with beer as one of the favorite ulam of Pinoy. Surely this will satisfy your crave for something exotic and yet delicious, meaty dish. Yummy! Try this recipe and give yourself a treat with its savory meaty and flavorful dish on a sizzling plate. Garnish it chili depending on your taste preference. Add this to your list of next to prepare recipes. Enjoy this savory dish. Happy cooking!
- 500g pork (kasim or liempo, cut into cubes)
- 1cup bagoong alamang (shrimp paste)
- 6cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3pcs tomatoes, diced
- 2pcs ladyfinger peppers (siling pansigang, cut into rings)
- 1/2cup vinegar (sukang puti)
- 4T sugar
- 1/2cup water (you may adjust accdg. to your preference)
- In a pot, put water enough to cover the pork.
- Boil (then simmer) until the pork is tender.
- Add water as needed.
- Once the pork is tender and the water has evaporated, fry the pork on its own oil.
- When slightly browned, move to one side of the pan then saute the garlic, onion and tomatoes.
- Add the peppers then pour the vinegar and water.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes then add the sugar and mix well.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes then it’s good to go. =)