Bored of your samae old pork recipe? Then why not try this Pinoy style pork picadillo recipe and get out from being stuck to your afritada and other common dishes. This is made using other ingredients such as pork, potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, green peas, corn kernels, garlic, onions, tomato catsup, brown sugar, vegetable oil, water and salt and pepper to taste. Indulge yourself to this comforting food that is also a good dish to enjoy with family gatherings and friends bonding. Surely, the tender lean meat would satisfy your taste buds along with its sweet and yet salty flavor. You now have your delicious pork dish. So you can save this recipe for your next to cook during those fast breaks and even for packed lunch for office or school. Just prepare the ingredients beforehand for more convenience. Preparing this dish will surely make your dinning delightful, your family and love ones will love it.
Pork, minced – 250 g.
Potatoes, sliced into small cubes – 1 small
Carrots, sliced into small cubes – 1 small
Bell pepper, sliced into small cubes – 1/4 c
Green Peas – 1/4 c
Corn Kernels – 1/4 c
Garlic, chopped – 5 cloves
Onions, diced – 1 medium
Tomato catsup – 5 tbsp ++
Brown Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt and black pepper powder to taste
Water – 2 cups
1. Heat oil in a saucepan and saute the garlic in it and the onions until aromatic.
2. Toss in the minced pork and stir until it changes in color.
3. Add in the potatoes and give a quick stir (10 stirs). Sprinkle with salt and the black pepper powder.
4. Add water and tomato catsup and bring to a boil. Add the sugar and simmer until the potatoes are soft and most of the liquids have evaporated.
5. Stir in the carrots, bell pepper, green peas and corn kernels. Simmer for another minute. Remove from fire.
6. Serve hot and enjoy your pork picadillo!