1 big tilapia, cleaned
2 tsp salt
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
spring onions chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
butter (for greasing banana leaves)
1. Clean the tilapia and make a slit on the side. Deepen and widen the cut along tilapia belly by using a sharp pointed knife.
2. Sprinkle both sides of the fish including the stomach/belly with salt. Set aside.
3. Mix the soy sauce, chopped onions and tomatoes in a bowl.
4. Fill the mixture to tilapia belly.
5. Wrap the fish tightly with the greased banana leaves. Grill the fish for about 20 minutes, 10 minutes on each side.
6. Serve with rice and toyomansi sauce. Enjoy your pinaputok na tilapia!
Recipe and photo by: therealcristinadiaz