The Philippine seas are rich in many species of fish and other underwater creatures. That is why it also reflects on our Filipino cuisine. There are long list of different dishes using this sea foods and to give you a savory taste of it, we have here pinaputok na tilapia recipe for you to try cooking. Aside from the fish, this recipe is made even more tastier using other ingredients like salt, tomatoes, onion, spring onion, soy sauce, butter, and banana leaves. This tasty, flavorful and meaty dish is great to serve with cooked rice. Surely this meaty and delicious fish dish will turn your dish extra special. Great choice to serve during gatherings and family bonding’s, perhaps, this dish could make your meals extra special once you serve this on your dining table. Cook this at home and enjoys its savory taste!
1 big tilapia, cleaned
2 tsp salt
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
spring onions chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
butter (for greasing banana leaves)
1. Clean the tilapia and make a slit on the side. Deepen and widen the cut along tilapia belly by using a sharp pointed knife.
2. Sprinkle both sides of the fish including the stomach/belly with salt. Set aside.
3. Mix the soy sauce, chopped onions and tomatoes in a bowl.
4. Fill the mixture to tilapia belly.
5. Wrap the fish tightly with the greased banana leaves. Grill the fish for about 20 minutes, 10 minutes on each side.
6. Serve with rice and toyomansi sauce. Enjoy your pinaputok na tilapia!
Recipe and photo by: therealcristinadiaz