Learn how to make turon! One of the most favorite snacks of Filipinos.
Special Turon Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
Spring roll (lumpia) wrapper
Ripe plantains (saba), sliced into half
Sweetened jackfruit (langka)
Cooking oil, for deep frying
Preparation of the sweetened jackfruit:
1. In a saucepan, boil 1 1/2 cups of water.
2. Add 1 cup sugar and 3 cups of washed jackfruit pieces.
3. Cook until the sugar turns into syrup.
4. Remove from heat and set aside.
Cooking the turon:
1. Coat the saba slices with brown sugar.
2. Place them in the lumpia wrapper (preferably two 2 saba slices in one wrapper).
3. Add some sweetened jackfruit.
4. Fold and lock the wrapper. Seal it by brushing some water at the edge of the wrapper.
5. Place the finished ones on a plate or container. They are now ready for frying.
6. In a frying pan, heat oil and add some brown sugar. Wait for the sugar to caramelize.
7. Put-in the turon. Fry until all sides turn golden brown and the sugar sticks into the wrapper.
8. Remove from heat. Use a strainer to drain oil from the turon.
9. Serve hot and enjoy your special turon!
You may also like >>> Banana Cue Recipe