Looking for a bowl of complete meal that is also savoring? Well, this recipe is perfect for you. This Korean bulgogi bowls recipe is basically a Korean dish that is topped with juicy and tasty pieces of bulgogi. This recipe is made flavorful and tasty using ingredients such as pork, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, fresh ginger, pepper flakes, onions and vegetable oil. Indulge yourself to this comforting food that is also a good dish to enjoy with family gatherings and friends bonding. Surely, the tender lean meat would satisfy your taste buds along with its sweet and yet salty flavor. This may have long time of preparation, but it is rest assured that its outcome will justify it. You now have your delicious pork dish. So you can save this recipe for your next to cook during those fast breaks and even for packed lunch for office or school. Just prepare the ingredients beforehand for more convenience. Preparing this dish will surely make your dinning delightful, your family and love ones will love it.
For the Pork Bulgogi:
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh ginger (or 2 tsp dry ground ginger)
- 3 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more if you like a spice!
- 2 green onions, chopped, divided
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, for cooking meat
For the Bulgogi Bowls:
- 1 recipe Kimchi Fried Rice (see tips below if you want to make this in advance)]
- 2 1/2 cups chopped spring green mix lettuce
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced long and thin
- 4 eggs
- Sriracha hot sauce, for topping (optional)
- Slice the pork tenderloin into very thin slices and place the meat in a large ziplock bag. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and one chopped green onion (reserve the remaining chopped green onion for garnish on the bowls). Pour the marinade into the bag with the pork and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- When ready to cook the pork, add 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil to a large wok or skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add half of the meat, placing it in a single layer in the pan. Allow it to brown for a few minutes, without touching it. Flip each piece of meat to the other side and allow to brown for another 2 minutes or so, until cooked through, but not overcooked. Remove to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Once hot, add remaining pork and cook in the same manner. Remove to a plate.
- Add sliced bell peppers to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. At the same time, Place another skillet over medium heat and cook your eggs, sunny-side up, in a hot greased pan for several minutes.
- In shallow bowls add a large spoonful of cooked Kimchi Fried Rice. Top with chopped leafy greens, then bulgogi pork, peppers, and a fried egg. Add some sriracha hot sauce on top, if you like more heat. Serve immediately.
Source: Taste Better From Scratch