- 1 (4-pound) slab Smithfield® Extra Tender St. Louis Style Ribs
For the rub:
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
For the honey soy sauce:
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Optional sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Prepare the rub by stirring rub ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Rinse ribs and pat dry. Remove the membrane from the back of the slab by slicing into it with a butter knife and pulling to remove (hint: using a paper towel to grab onto the membrane will keep it from slipping your grip).
- Cut slab into 6-7 rib sections and rub generously with rub. Place on a baking sheet and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Prepare honey soy sauce by whisking sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Prepare charcoal and brush and oil grill grate when ready to cook. Grill ribs (bone side down) over medium indirect heat (about 325 degrees F) for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, covered.
- During the last 30 minutes of grilling, baste with sauce 3-4 times.
- Remove from grill and garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Source: The Blond Cook