Are you fond of chicken dishes and you are looking for something new and healthy to cook? Well, your search is over as we have here ground chicken and butternut squash lettuce wraps recipe. Chicken is one of the all-timed favorite dish especially on the Filipino cuisine. That is why it is not a question why there are many recipes including it, different ways to cook chicken, depending on the area and common ingredients found. This recipe used one of the finger licking good part of the chicken which is the breast, made even more flavorful using ingredients such as salt and pepper, green peas, butternut squash, red miso paste, water, sambal oelek, and lettuce. Try it now on your kitchen and enjoy its sweet meaty taste while at home. You can enjoy this comforting and delicious chicken dish even while watching television or movie. Also a good choice to share with family and friends during special moments of bonding and get together. Make your meal flavorful, meaty and sweet using this recipe. So try it now!
- 175g chicken breast, ground
- Pinch salt and pepper
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 150g butternut squash, cut into tiny cubes and steamed
- 1 tsp red miso paste
- 1 tsp water
- ½ tsp sambal oelek
- Boston or Iceberg lettuce leaves (8-10)
- Steam the butternut squash in a steaming basket over simmering water until fork tender, about 4-5 minutes. Make sure that it retains a little bit of a bite, you don’t want it to turn mushy on you when you mix it in with the chicken.
- Meanwhile, in a medium non-stick pan, cook the ground chicken breast with the salt and pepper until it turns completely opaque and begins to brown; Stir in frozen peas.
- Dilute the miso paste in the water, stir in sambal oelek. Add that to the cooked chicken and mix until well combined. Delicately stir in steamed squash.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve with fresh lettuce leaves.
- Spoon a little bit of chicken mixture onto a lettuce leaf, roll (as best you can) into a wrap and enjoy!
- Repeat until you sadly run out of chicken mixture.