Siomai is one of the favorite snack or even viand of Filipinos. Its meaty, soft, and tasty toppings of fried garlic and calamansi is really mouthwatering. That is why there are lots of food carts that are selling different flavors of siomai. Well, great news is we have here easy pork siomai recipe you can make at home. This is made flavorful using flavorings and other ingredients aside from the pork such as carrots, singkamas, onion, spring onion, sesame oil, oyster sauce, white sugar, eggs, siomai wrappers, and salt and pepper to taste. Now you can have this dish on your plate. Indulge yourself to this comforting food that is also a good dish to enjoy with family gatherings and friends bonding. Surely, the tender lean meat would satisfy your taste buds along with its flavorful and yet salty flavor. You now have your delicious siomai dish. So you can save this recipe for your next to cook during those fast breaks and even for packed lunch for office or school. Just prepare the ingredients beforehand for more convenience. Preparing this dish will surely make your dinning delightful, your family and love ones will love it.
Servings: 24 pieces of pork siomai
1 kl. ground pork
1/3 cup carrots, chopped
1/3 cup singkamas (turnip), chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup spring onions, chopped
3 tbsps. sesame oil
5 tbsps. oyster sauce
2 tsps. white sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1 whole egg, beaten
24 pcs. siomai wrappers
For the dipping sauce:
Toasted Garlic Bits
1. In a mixing bowl, pour-in the ground pork, carrots, turnip, onion and spring onions then mix thoroughly.
2. Add-in the sesame oil, oyster sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and egg then mix thoroughly.
3. Spoon 1 tbsp. of the prepared mixture into each siomai wrapper. Dab water on the edges of the wrapper to seal the siomai. Repeat this step until all of the mixture is used.
4. Place the siomai pieces in a steamer brushed with cooking oil.
5. Steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Make a dipping sauce by mixing soy sauce, calamansi juice & toasted garlic bits. (The amount of ingredients for the sauce is according to your preference.)
7. Serve hot and enjoy your pork siomai!