We Filipinos are fond of sweets, perhaps the region that always treat our sweet tooth, Bulacan has introduced a new way to enjoy desserts. They began making and selling this called polvoron to their market that comes with different sizes, shapes, forms, and flavors. However, every version of it is made from the main ingredients which are the milk and sugar. Now you don’t have to go to Bulacan just to have yourself a polvoron, fortunately you can just do it yourself on your home with this super easy polvoron recipe. Surely you will enjoy this recipe as it is easy to do, you can even teach this to your kids and let them help you in preparing. Let this polvoron be your sweet bonding. This recipe is made possible using ingredients such as powdered milk like Bear Brand or Nido, all-purpose flour, white sugar and melted butter. So add this to your collection of dessert or sweet snack recipes! This is also a great choice of recipe if you are looking for something to give as gift during birthdays or Valentine’s. Have a sweet cooking!
1 cup powdered milk (Bear Brand and Nido are the best)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. In a skillet, toast the all-purpose flour for 10 to 15 minutes or until light brown in moderate heat. Stir constantly to avoid burning of the flour. Add powdered milk then toss for another 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool.
2. In a large bowl, transfer the toasted flour and milk mixture. Add in sugar and melted butter. Mix thoroughly until it has about the consistency of damp sand.
3. Use a polvoron molder to shape them into bite-size oval cakes.
4. Wrap them in cellophane or Japanese paper.
5. Serve and enjoy your polvoron!