The Philippine seas are rich in many species of fish and other underwater creatures. That is why it also reflects on our Filipino cuisine. There are long list of different dishes using this sea foods and to give you a savory taste of it, we have here crispy crab Rangoon recipe for you to try cooking. Aside from the crab this recipe is made even more tastier using other ingredients like cream cheese, onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and wanton wrappers. This tasty, flavorful and meaty dish is great to serve with cooked rice, or fried rice during whatever meals. This recipe is very easy to follow, simply mix the ingredients, wrap it then throw it into pan for frying and there you have it. Well, just have the ingredients prepared beforehand for more convenient cooking. Great choice to serve during gatherings and family bonding’s, perhaps, this dish could make your meals extra special once you serve this on your dining table. Cook this at home and enjoys its savory taste!
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 3 oz. fancy crab meat, drained and crumbled
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 heaping teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 (12 oz.) package Wonton wrappers – Found in the produce section with the refrigerated items
- Place wonton wrappers aside and combine all other ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place 1 teaspoon filling in center of each wonton skin.
- Moisten the edges of the wonton with a little bit of water. Fold in a triangle and press to seal- removing air from the inside.
- Take the left and right unsealed sides and pull them up, attaching them to the existing seal on the top. Then press along the edges to close any areas where the filling could be exposed to air (You can really fold a number of different ways as long as the seals are firm) Repeat, setting aside on a plate.
- Place carefully into preheated deep fryer, cooking a few at a time for a few minutes each, until golden brown. Take out and place on side plate to cool. (Although I personally much prefer the deep fried method, you may also bake in oven 400 degrees F oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown)
- Serve hot with sweet-sour sauce or mustard sauce.