Fond of Mexican food? Then this recipe is perfect for you as we have here cilantro-lime pork tacos recipe to try. now you don’t have to order from those Mexican restaurant just to have this dish on your plate. You can cook it yourself while at the same time enjoying being at home. this dish has a fantastic flavor of lime, cilantro and fresh jalapeño that is used in the same pan to brown the pork and make the rave-worthy sauce. But aside from that, other ingredients like salt, pepper, olive oil, red onion, chicken broth, cherry tomatoes, and tortillas are used to make it more flavorful and savoring. This comforting food is also great for those home alone time, while watching television or movie. Perhaps you can share this dish to your love ones during those gatherings, celebrations or occasions with friends and family. Bring sweetness to you dining using this tacos. So try this recipe now, or add to your file of snack next to prepare during your meals. Happy cooking!
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (2 Tbsp canned, minced jalenpeño)
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 8 small corn tortillas, yellow or white
- Optional: Garnish with salsa, sour cream, and sliced avocado
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and black pepper. Add oil to pan. Add pork, and sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove pork from pan; place in a bowl. Add onion and jalapeño to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add broth; reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in tomato; simmer 2 minutes.
- Return pork and accumulated juices to pan. Stir in cilantro and lime juice; cook 1 minute or until pork is done.
- Heat corn tortillas in small skillet over high heat, with a drop of vegetable oil, until lightly toasted. Spoon 1/2 cup pork mixture into each tortilla; roll up. Optional: Garnish with salsa, sour cream, and sliced avocado
Source: Taste Better From Scratch