Are you looking for vegetable dish but tired and bored of the same old recipe? Well, this recipe could end your search. Give this healthy chopsuey recipe and enjoy the delicious taste. You can use different types of vegetables using this recipe. Flavored by ingredients like cooking oil, garlic, pork kasim, chicken liver, quail eggs, chayote, young corn, cauliflower, pechay baguio, celery, snow peas and salt and pepper to taste. A very savoring dish, plus, you do not have to worry about extra oil consumption especially if you are one of those who watch their diet. This recipe is made healthy using lots of vegetables. Perfect to serve with hot cooked rice as viand during lunch or dinner. A great choice to serve during get together of family and friends as well. Enjoy this dish now to give it a try. Surely, you’ll love this healthy and yet delicious dish with its savory, meaty, flavorful taste. Happy cooking!
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 200 grams Pork kasim, cubed
- 200 grams chicken liver, cubed (optional)
- 1 dozen Quail eggs, boiled and shelled
- 2 cups of water
- 1 medium Carrot, sliced diagonally
- 1 medium Chayote, sliced diagonally
- 12 pieces Young corn, sliced diagonally
- 1 Cauliflower, cut the florets only
- 1 Brocolli, cut the florets only
- 1 medium Pechay Baguio, sliced
- 2 stalks of Celery, sliced diagonally
- 100 grams Snow peas
- 100 grams Green or Red Bell pepper, cubed
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved on 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the garlic and onion.
- Add the pork and saute for 1 minute or until the redness of pork is gone.
- Add the chicken liver and quail eggs. Let it cook for a minute or two.
- Pour in the water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the oyster and soy sauce, then simmer for 2 minutes.
- To thicken the sauce, pour the cornstarch mixture in the wok. Add the salt and pepper then mix well.
- Put-in all the veggies then remove from heat.
- You can now add the sesame oil and serve immediately.