Are you fond of chicken dishes and you are looking for something new and exciting way to cook? Well, your search is over as we have here chicken in a creamy parmesan bacon beer sauce. Chicken is one of the all-timed favorite dish especially on the Filipino cuisine. That is why it is not a question why there are many recipes including it, different ways to cook chicken, depending on the area and common ingredients found. This recipe used one of the finger licking good part of the chicken which is the legs and thigh, made even more flavorful using ingredients such as bacon, garlic, flour, pale ale, heavy cream, parmesan, basil leaves and salt and pepper to taste. Try it now on your kitchen and enjoy its sweet, creamy and meaty taste while at home. Great to serve with newly cooked rice as viand, but also good to eat as it is. You can enjoy this comforting and delicious chicken dish even while watching television or movie. Also a good choice to share with family and friends during special moments of bonding and get together. Make your meal flavorful, meaty and sweet using this recipe. So try it now!
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon (6g) salt
- 1 teaspoon (3g) pepper
- 3 strips of bacon, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (28g) flour
- ½ cup (4oz) pale ale
- ¾ cup (180mL) heavy cream
- ½ cup (53g) shaved parmesan
- 6-8 large basil leaves, ribboned
- Sprinkle the chicken on all sides with salt and pepper. Place skin side down in a cold cast iron skillet. Place over medium high heat until the skin has browned, turn over and cook until chicken is cooked through. Remove from skillet.
- Add the bacon to skillet, cooking until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Pour out most of the fat in the pan, leaving about 1 tablespoon still in it.
- Stir in the garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds, sprinkle with flour stirring until the flour has been cooked, about 1 minute. Pour in the beer, scraping to deglaze the pan. Add the cream and reduce heat to medium.
- A hand full at a time stir in the cheese until well combined.
- Add the chicken back into the pan, cooking until chicken is warmed.
- Sprinkle with crispy bacon and basil. Serve immediately.
Source: The Beeroness