(makes about 80pcs with bite-size molds)
3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups refined sugar
2 tbs baking powder
1 tbs vanilla
4 tbs melted butter
2 small cans evaporated milk
1 cup water
1. In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
2. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the milk. Beat until you have a smooth but thick batter.
3. Add the water, beat until you a slightly thin batter is achieved. Then fold in the melted butter. Stir until the butter is fully incorporated with the mixture and you do not see any more traces of butter on the top layer.
4. Add the grated cheese.
5. At this point you may start heating the steamer.
6. Pour in the batter into the puto molds almost to the brim. Place in the steamer and steam for about 10-12 minutes. 7. When the puto is almost cooked, you may also add cheese toppings as desired.
8. Turn off heat and remove puto from the molds. This should not be hard since the molds will easily release the puto once cooked.