Looking for a new way to prepare beef for your meal like you are so bored to your same old recipe for meals, well your search is over. This easy callos recipe is perfect for you to try. This recipe uses lean meat of pork or beef made flavorful using ingredients such as beef stripes, Chinese sausage, pork and beans, bell pepper, onion, tomato sauce, beef broth, garlic, cooking oil, salt and pepper. No worries for those who really do great in the kitchen, this recipe uses simple cooking skills like sautéing, and simmering. You can make this dish by simple fallowing the easy steps. Now you have a great plate of delectable, meaty, and flavorful pork dish. Surely, this dish will make your meals extra special! Perfect to serve with rice as viand. You can easily follow this recipe here and indulge to this savory dish which is perfect for lunch or dinner with newly cooked rice. Great choice to serve during gatherings and family bonding’s, perhaps, this dish could make your meals extra special once you serve this on your dining table. Cook this at home and enjoys its savory taste!
2 lbs. beef tripe
4 pcs. Chinese sausages, sliced diagonally
1 (16 oz.) can pork and beans
6 to 8 pcs. small bell peppers (green and red), sliced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 tbsp. green onions, chopped
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 cup beef broth
½ tsp. garlic powder
3 tbsps. cooking oil
1 tsp. whole peppercorn
salt to taste
1. Cook the beef tripe in a pressure cooker for 50 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
2. In a cooking pot, heat oil then sauté the onion. Add the whole peppercorn and cook until the onion get soft.
3. Add the cooked beef tripe. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Put-in the Chinese sausages. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Pour-in the tomato sauce and the beef broth then stir. Let boil then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add the pork and beans then stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
7. Put-in the bell peppers. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
8. Add the garlic powder and salt to taste. Stir.
9. Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with chopped green onions.
10. Serve and enjoy your callos!