2 lbs. beef tripe
4 pcs. Chinese sausages, sliced diagonally
1 (16 oz.) can pork and beans
6 to 8 pcs. small bell peppers (green and red), sliced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 tbsp. green onions, chopped
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 cup beef broth
½ tsp. garlic powder
3 tbsps. cooking oil
1 tsp. whole peppercorn
salt to taste
1. Cook the beef tripe in a pressure cooker for 50 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
2. In a cooking pot, heat oil then sauté the onion. Add the whole peppercorn and cook until the onion get soft.
3. Add the cooked beef tripe. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Put-in the Chinese sausages. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Pour-in the tomato sauce and the beef broth then stir. Let boil then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add the pork and beans then stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
7. Put-in the bell peppers. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
8. Add the garlic powder and salt to taste. Stir.
9. Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with chopped green onions.
10. Serve and enjoy your callos!