1 pack (3/4 lb.) pancit bato noodles
6 ounces medium shrimp, head and shell removed
6 ounces pork, sliced
1 medium carrot, julienned
2 cups cabbage, chopped
1 cup snow peas (tsitsaro)
1 medium onion, sliced
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons fish sauce
3 tablespoons cooking oil
ground black pepper to taste
1. In a deep skillet or cooking pot, heat the cooking oil.
2. Sauté the garlic and onion.
3. Add the sliced pork and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Pour-in fish sauce, soy sauce and chicken broth. Let boil.
5. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add water as needed.
6. Add the ground black pepper then stir.
7. Add the shrimp, carrots and snow peas then cook for 1 minute.
8. Add the cabbage then cook for another 2 minutes.
9. Put-in the pancit bato noodles. Stir and cook so that all liquid is absorbed by the noodles.
10. The texture of the noodles should be soft, if not, add little amount of water.
11. Serve hot on a serving plate. Enjoy your Bicolano pancit bato guisado!