Are you looking for a pasta dish but tired of the same old spaghetti or carbonara recipe? Then why not try this Bicolano pancit bato guisado recipe. This is refreshingly new so you can get out from being stuck at your old recipes. Instead of using the usual spaghetti noodles, the pancit bato is used in here that provides more exotic taste on the dish. Plus, its flavor is made richer using ingredients such as pancit bato noodles, shrimp, pork, carrot, cabbage, snow peas, onion, garlic, chicken broth, soy sauce and fish sauce. The shrimp and pork provides this dish a very distinctive native flavor. Surely, this mouthwatering dish will be a hit once you put in your dining table. A refreshingly new way to enjoy pasta! Indulge yourself to this tempting taste, perfect to serve during snacks and breakfast, also a great choice to serve during gatherings with family and friends. Try this recipe now and enjoy its rich in flavor taste. Or, add this to your file of recipes next to prepare on your meals. Happy cooking!
1 pack (3/4 lb.) pancit bato noodles
6 ounces medium shrimp, head and shell removed
6 ounces pork, sliced
1 medium carrot, julienned
2 cups cabbage, chopped
1 cup snow peas (tsitsaro)
1 medium onion, sliced
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons fish sauce
3 tablespoons cooking oil
ground black pepper to taste
1. In a deep skillet or cooking pot, heat the cooking oil.
2. Sauté the garlic and onion.
3. Add the sliced pork and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Pour-in fish sauce, soy sauce and chicken broth. Let boil.
5. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add water as needed.
6. Add the ground black pepper then stir.
7. Add the shrimp, carrots and snow peas then cook for 1 minute.
8. Add the cabbage then cook for another 2 minutes.
9. Put-in the pancit bato noodles. Stir and cook so that all liquid is absorbed by the noodles.
10. The texture of the noodles should be soft, if not, add little amount of water.
11. Serve hot on a serving plate. Enjoy your Bicolano pancit bato guisado!